Tuesday, September 6, 2011

On track

Today is just a tiny little bit over a month ago that I started working towards getting fitter and healthier.  The first time (on this journey) I weighed myself was the 4th of August and today is the 6th of September.  In total I have lost 2.3kg.  It is really comforting to see this!

Last night I started adding weights into the mix.  So now on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I  plan to do weights.  One day upper body and the next lower body.  They say resistance training is really good for burning fat and it will add variety to the exercise workout.  On Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I will continue with my couch to 5km run / walk programme.  I started last week and did 2 days of Week 1 of the programme.  This week I am doing week 1 again. 

I was looking at the weather this morning and it looked like it was going to rain.  I'm not really keen to run in the rain to be honest, but thankfully it just stayed overcast and didn't actually rain.  Phew!

1 comment:

blackhuff said...

Yay for losing 2.3kgs. That is awesome. So happy for you.
Great choice you made regarding weights. Good for muscle building.