Thursday, September 1, 2011

And so it all begins

The arrival of Spring!  Spring is one of my favourite seasons!  And so along with the arrival of new beginnings and new life I have taken one more step in the direction of getting fitter and healthier. 

Yesterday my new shoes arrived.  I was sooo excited.  So along with that I went and got a few other things to get ready for the couch to 5km programme I am interested in doing.  I bought a new tracksuit (not quite ready for shorts yet) and a good sports bra and a money belt so I have somewhere to put my ipod and keys and cell phone. 

And today I started.  I did week 1 day 1.  I will do week 1 this week and next week and from there move on.  You are supposed to have a rest day in between and fit in 3 days of training each week.  And I did it.  The last minute running was pretty hard and I run really slow still, but hopefully in a few weeks from now I'll actually be a bit faster.

I think perhaps because for the past 2 weeks in my mind I have committed to this programme, just as I have in my mind committed to my eating and I would say that the mindset is definitely one that is pushing me through. 

I did another thing recently and last night and that was to get rid of a very toxic friendship as well as a few blogs that are just plain draining to read - always wanting approval.  Always writing about how unsure they feeling and they just want constant reassurance.  But then when they make decisions and things don't go as they hoped, then the whole world knows how they have been wronged.  So yes, I just don't want to spend all my energy and all my focus on these kind of situations.  The toxic friendship is somebody who is extremely needy and extremely self-centered and when it is not about her she takes complete offence.  She is often quite negative also likes to play mind games and last night I have just had enough and removed her from my Facebook profile.

Life is far too short to be dragged down by toxic situations.  I'd rather focus on the good and supportive friends.  The ones you can simply just be yourself.  The ones who are low maintenance.

So here is to spring, new beginnings, a positive mindset and on my way to getting fit and healthy!

1 comment:

amanda said...

Knap gedaan! Ek weet jy sal by jou besluite kan hou en die positiewe resultate binnekort sien...fisies en emosioneel. Baie trots op jou. ma xxxx