Monday, August 22, 2011

All set for tomorrow

Tonight I cooked cottage pie.  I don't cook with oil and it was pretty much just mince with some mixed vegetables added in and then of course potato.  Oh and of course I found a Continental flavour mix that I added just to give it a nicer flavour.  Typically we don't cook with loads of salt, and over time we actually got used to the taste of food containing less salt.  One thing I noticed though is that there was around 125ml of fat that I poured off the mince before I added the vegetables and the flavour mix.

I still have to get into the habit of actually pre-planning meals, but at least I gave some thought to meals tomorrow.  I want and need to get back on track. Now if somebody can help me understand these food labels that would be great - what quantity protein and carb in each meal?  Do I look at the per serving numbers or the per 100g numbers?  It's like a whole foreign world to me.

And of course I definitely need to go walking again tomorrow.  Currently my route is 3.7km and I'm trying to see a different route so that I could work on increasing it to 5km. 

This past weekend a friend was doing a 5km family fun run.  And I thought that maybe I need to look around for another 5km fun run later this year and work towards that.  This way I'll actually work towards something.  And then maybe I'll get Terence to buy me some running shoes for my birthday.  Nothing too fancy, but something that is better than I currently have.

1 comment:

blackhuff said...

I agree, you need to have something to work towards for. Like I had one big major goal when I starter. I wanted to lose the weight before my next birthday to be able to dance the night away in some sexy clothing :)
Another thing now that I have done this, my goals are to work towards races. I have my 10k race this Saturday :)
I look at both when reading labels. When I buy bread, I look at what their serving size is and if it is 2 slices, then I look at that column. If it is things like spreads such as hummus or cottage cheese, I look at the per 100 grams. Sounds heavy? Don't worry, you will get hold of this soon.