Sunday, August 7, 2011

What I ate yesterday

I really need to start planning my meals ahead of time.  I think later today I will sit down and attempt to do this for this coming week. 

Yesterday for breakfast I had weet-bix with some milk.  No sugar.  I had a cup of hot chocolate - the kind you make with water and a little bit of milk added and I don't add sugar.  It has less sugar than the typical ones you make with milk. Hmmm, I'll need to find something as a protein I think...


I took Bianca to netball so didn't have any snacks in the morning.

For lunch I had 2 small wholemeal breadrolls and had some greens (a combination of rocket, spinach and some other greens), some smoked salmon, a half a small avocado and spring onion. 

I had a banana later in the afternoon.

For supper we had some pork steak with mixed vegetables, a bit of beetroot and a jacket potato.  I did make a cheese sauce which is a cheese sauce powder mixed with half a cup of water and half a cup of milk and I added a bit of Edam cheese some garlic, peri peri and pepper. 

I had another cup of hot chocolate after supper.

Oh and I had some water during the day, but I don't think it was as much as I really should be having.

So I really need to sit down and think about meals this coming week to make sure I have sufficient protein added for each meal.  I think lunch was okay and supper was okay, but breakfast and snacks not as good as it can be...  So lots and lots to learn.

2 comments:

blackhuff said...

Lea, you need to cut back on the Hot Chocolate even if is says that it is lower in sugar than the normal ones. When trying to lose weight, you need to cut back on sugar. I also have Hot chocolate (the one less in sugar) but only once a week, one cup. Hot chocolate and Milo are high in sugar, no matter what the tin says.
If you are looking for a good protein drink, one glass of milk have no sugar and so much protein in it. If you really don't like the taste of milk, then warm it up with one teaspoon of honey and vanilla / cinnamon. Honey have less calories than sugar.
I think your eats are good. Well done on that.

Lea White said...

Point taken :-). Had the last one tonight and will not buy anymore :-). Have not had milo in a long time. I actually don't mind so much drinking water and don't mind the taste of normal milk. So will make the change.