Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Progress is progress

Since Thursday we've been dealing with colds at our house.  First Caitlyn I had to keep home from daycare on Thursday and then on the weekend Bianca started getting really unwell and this morning is still home off school.  And now I have a slight cold too.  Sigh!  Come-on spring / summer - time to come now!  So no walking right now! :-(.  Oh well.

On the up side, I have been pretty good at sticking to my better eating.  Even when I had to make cupcakes on Friday for a bake sale I only tasted one small cupcake without any frosting / caramel and it was simply just to make sure it was cooked well enough.

Now during August I lost 1.5kg.  It isn't a whole lot, but considering I haven't been doing too much exercise I think it is pretty good.  And there were 2 weeks where I fell off the wagon.  And to be honest, those diets where you lose loads in a really short period of time - they don't work.  So I'm pretty pleased.

Another thing I have noticed - I used to often have an afternoon nap feeling incredibly tired.  But now, I have not had an afternoon nap for a while.  And I'm thinking it is because I eat less rubbish.  So that is a really positive sign for me.

So all in all I'm making progress, even if it is slow progress, but progress is progress!

No comments: