Sunday, August 7, 2011

What I ate today

So I think today was not too bad eating-wise, but I'm still struggling with the whole eating snacks of both a protein as well as a carb during the day. 

For breakfast I had my usual weet-bix and milk (no sugar).  But what am I supposed to do for a protein?  Hmmm - I'm not really much of a meat eater in the morning (other than perhaps bacon which would totally defeat what I'm trying to achieve).  Maybe I could add a boiled egg?  But can I eat eggs every day?  I'm also not big on protein bars because they are so expensive and that just pushes our budget completely out. 

I had a banana in between. 

For lunch I had a breadroll with greens, spring onion and smoked salmon.

I had another banana later on.

And for supper we had chicken tacos.  I had 2 tortillas (lower fat ones), some chicken breast cut into pieces, some greens, spring onion, half a small avo, 1 tomato and some taco sauce.

And I had more water than yesterday.  And my usual cup of hot chocolate (as described yesterday).

I think I might be slightly better prepared tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck, Lea. I have diabetes and have to spread my meals out too. I found snacks to be my downfall and piled the weight on, as I was used to three meals a day, but my body has too much trouble with carbs of course. The secret is to spread your carbs (which give you energy) in small portions during the day.
Breakfast- Protein is your friend and very important in your diet. You can eat up to 6 eggs a week. They have found them to be stacked full of protein. If you're exercising you can have bacon. Fat is also very important in your diet as long as you have a piece- not a packet! Haha! White flour is the enemy- I eat seedy breads and true wholemeal. Some bakeries dye the white flour to make it look like wholemeal. Some wholemeal flours have only a small portion of bran added. Read everything. You could also have fruit and yoghurt or a smoothie made with fruit. The diabetic eating plan is good for everyone, it's not just for diabetics. I subscribe to a magazine called Diabetic Living, it has lots of great recipes and information. I'm sure with meals you and your family would love. If you would like more information about anything, you can email me, I'd be only too pleased to help. Maa.