Saturday, August 20, 2011

Falling off the wagon...

Urgh, and just as I thought I had a good thing going I fell off the wagon.  Last week on Monday and Tuesday were the days I helped the sheep.  Sadly she couldn't be saved. :-(.  I do feel a bit better when the SPCA inspector (when I went to buy cat food) explained that when sheep go down, in all likelihood they won't be getting back up again).  So I know I did everything I possibly could.  I helped to make her more comfortable and I brought her water.  There wasn't more I could do. 

Wednesday Bianca had her 2 monthly hospital visit and that means travel for an hour to Wellington hospital, doing blood test, having the appointment and driving an hour back again.  And unfortunately this is when the wheels of the wagon started coming off.  I was completely unprepared with my meals. 

And then from Thursday until yesterday I have been working incredibly hard to finish the presents that the group of parents were organising for the netball teacher to say thank you for coaching our kids.  I went through about 600 photos I took during the season, copied all those to disk for the teacher, made a certificate which I put in a frame alongside the team photo and I managed to make a scrapbook with a selection of photos to summarise the netball season.  And because I'm me and I have a tendency to go completely overboard I suddenly had a thought.  I had some extra photos and wouldn't it be cool if I gave each girl a selection of photos showing them in action and what if I actually made extra copies of the team photo and put it in a cardboard folder with the names at the bottom - that would be cool.  And so after many hours, I was finally ready.

But unfortunately it does mean that with everything going on I have not had time to focus on my eating and walking (and it didn't help that last week we had snow and lots of rain and freezing cold temperatures).  I wonder why I didn't wait until the summer to start my new lifestyle plans...

So between today and tomorrow I'll need to sit down again and get my head around a plan.  It is not so easy / simple coming up with the eating plans because some of the things like wholemeal pasta cost quite a bit more than the white flour ones and buying things like protein shakes is going to be out of the question because these things would just throw our budget completely out.  And of course my kids eat fairly well (they even eat broccoli), but there are limits and we are working on that, but they won't be happy to eat very different things all of a sudden.  So I'll need to keep thinking. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lea!
I've been browsing through your new blog a couple of times, and I am so impressed with your determination to start this journey! Breaking habits are really hard, especially when it comes to eating. I started my new, healthy life in june, and I've lost about 6 kg (still need to loose some more though). I have changed my eating, according to a new diet which is really big in Sweden, called LowCarb HighFat. I found this other blog which describes it really well; http://lowcarbhighfatusa.blogspot.com/p/what-is-low-carb-high-fat.html
Eating this way has worked for me, and it's very simple, (which is a HUGE benefit when it comes to changning habits) and it's not at all about beeing hungry, so it has a lot of benefits. Maybe this could be something for you? :)

Hope that all is well with you. Give the girls and Terence my love.

Sanna

Lea White said...

Hi Sanna, thanks for visiting. :-). You are busy on a diet? Why? How are the studies going?